Dr. Mark Goulston
– Warren Bennis (1925-2014), preeminent expert on leadership in the world
Dr. Mark Goulston, Founder and CEO, is a key adviser and confidante to CEO’s and Founders and also works with companies, organizations and agencies to create a “gotta have it” response from customers, clients, outside talent, employees and investors that causes them to do what you want them to do without your having to persuade them.
Midway through his career, Dr. Goulston discovered that helping families face and deal with challenges around leadership, conflict resolution, communication and cooperation was directly applicable to corporations and organizations. Common to the wide range of his activities is identifying, articulating and dealing effectively with the “hidden in plain sight” challenges and seizing the amazing opportunities facing start-ups, early stage, middle stage and Fortune 100 companies.
As a result of his rich and diverse background and experiences, Dr. Goulston increases people’s ability to get through to anyone.
- FBI and police hostage negotiation trainer
- Crisis psychiatrist for 30 years
- UCLA professor of psychiatry for 25 years
- Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association
- One of America’s Top Psychiatrists 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011 selected by the Consumers’ Research Council of America
- Author or co-author of seven books
- His book, “Just Listen,” became the top book on listening in the world and top book at Amacom books for five years
- The American Management Association and Canadian Management Centre have each created a two day course, “The Secret to Getting Through to Anyone,” based on Dr. Goulston’s work and his book, “Just Listen”
- His book, “Get Out of Your Own Way,” published in 1996, has been in top five self help books at Amazon for past five years
- His most recent book, “Talking to Crazy: How to Deal with the Irrational and Impossible People in Your Life,” from the American Management Association was their lead book for Fall, 2015
- Contributor to: Harvard Business Review, Business Insider, Fast Company, Huffington Post, Psychology Today
- Record number of registrants at Citrix webinar (9,200)
- Subject of PBS special, “Just Listen with Dr. Mark Goulston”
- Frequent guest expert in media including: CNN, Fox News, CBS/NBC/ABC/BBC News, Oprah, Today, NY Times, Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, Investor’s Business Daily, Los Angeles Times
- Co-Host of an all Black weekly radio show
- Is the Co-Founder of Heartfelt Leadership whose Mission is: Daring to Care and Go Positive Now
- Is the Resident Big Brother at Business Women Rising
- Serves on the Board of Advisers of American Women Veterans and Dr. Oz’ foundation, Health Corps.
Confidante and Consultant
The Goulston Group CEO/C-Suite Executive clients include:
GE, IBM, Merrill Lynch, British Airways, Xerox, Disney, Cisco, FedEx, Mattel, State Farm, Goldman Sachs, Accenture, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, Hyatt, Coca-Cola, Kaiser Permanente, AARP, E&Y, HCA, Costco, Northwest Mutual, USC, UCLA, University of Alabama, ESPN, Conference Board, Los Angeles DA, Superior Court Judges of Santa Clara County, ABA and the FBI.
He lives in Los Angeles with his wife and three children.
Dr. Bruce Heller
Dr. Bruce Heller, Partner, is an organizational consultant specializing in all aspects of leadership development and executive coaching. Dr. Heller provides expertise in assisting corporate clients and senior executives in meeting developmental and performance goals and creating customized strategic leadership initiatives. He accomplishes this by delivering high impact services including executive coaching, multi-dimensional aspects of leadership development, and team development.
Dr. Heller has provided services to senior executives across diverse industries. His coaching experiences include working with senior and executive vice presidents, CFOs, business unit
presidents in entertainment, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, engineering, construction, and
professional service firms and technology start-up companies. Dr. Heller has a unique and rare
combination of skills in psychology and management that has provided him with high level
competencies that provide cutting edge solutions in all areas of leadership development.
Dr. Heller has worked with a diverse range of institutions of higher education such as UCLA,
UCR, UCI, CSU Dominguez Hills, CSU Long Beach, and Pacific Oaks College. In addition, Dr.
Heller has consulted to Disney, Amgen, Lockheed-Martin, Gilead Sciences, Tenet Hospital
System, Edwards Life Sciences, Molina Health Care, and Northrop-Grumman.
Key Areas of Expertise and Accomplishments
- Created and implemented a Leadership Development Program for high potentials as a strategic partner to Arthur Andersen Consulting. The program was so successful in the initial business unit that it was adopted organization-wide and became the standard forhigh potential development.
- Coached CEO of a multi-million dollar manufacturing business resulting in increased revenues, reduced turn-over, and a successful succession plan.
- Resolved conflict between partners of a multi-million dollar entertainment company resulting in reduced turnover, increased productivity, and leadership effectiveness.
- Created and implemented a custom team development process for a large medical device company resulting in improved productivity, reduced turnover, and less inter-team conflict.
- Created and facilitated a leadership development program for UCLA and UCR.
- Designed and facilitated a strategic planning retreat for a business unit of Northrop-Grumman resulting in a new enterprise worth multiple millions
- Designed and facilitated a strategic board retreat for Lakewood Hospital resulting in an increase of revenues by over 10%.
- Designed and facilitated a strategic planning retreat for the Disney Consumer Products
Organizational Development department.
- Designed and facilitated a strategic planning with the senior executives of the Newport
- Coached executive of an entertainment company who was having problems being a strong leader. After the coaching, the executive was seen as improving his leadership effectiveness as reported by his managers.
- Professional Experience:
- Vice President of two global consulting firms
- Director of an international managed care organization
- Vice President of a national human resource consulting firm
Education, Certifications, Memberships, Recent Speaking Engagements, and Publications:
Bachelor of Science degree in psychology from San Diego State University
Masters in Education from University of Southern California
Doctorate in Educational Psychology from University of Southern California
- He maintains his licensure as a psychologist in the State of California.
- He is member of Phi Beta Kappa Scholastic Honorary Society.
- He has been a featured speaker on Executive Coaching at UCLA, UC Riverside, Cal. State
- University Northridge, VISTAGE, and at the American Society for Training and Development.
- Dr. Heller has published an article in Executive Coaching in the online “Training Magazine.”
- Contributing author to the New York Times best selling business book “Nice Girls Don’t Get the
- Corner Office” by Lois Frankel
- He is an adjunct professor at the Southwestern Law School.
- He is the author of the book “The Prodigal Executive.”
Dr. Sandra Vogel
Sandra Vogel, PhD, Chief Learning Officer, is an international trainer, coach, speaker, facilitator and consultant with a diverse background in management, leadership and education. Dr. Vogel’s management experience includes front line operations, recruiting, marketing and the creation and operation of a Training & Education Department for a Fortune 100 company. Over a twelve year period she progressed inside that organization and was selected as the “Most Motivational Employee” in the People’s Choice Awards and received the “High Performance Manager” award.
Dr. Vogel is also a graduate of the Center for Creative Leadership in Greenville, North Carolina. Her certifications include DDI, Achieve Global, DISC, Kepner Tregoe Analysis, MBTI, TKI, Change Management and General Electric’s Essential Leadership Skills Curriculum.
Since 2005, Sandra has traveled internationally to train hundreds of Leadership Skills courses. She has coached and facilitated training at all organizational levels including executives, engineers, shift supervisors, cell leaders, customers and front line assembly/ manufacturing personnel (union & non-union). Dr. Vogel’s Industry training experience includes: startups, public utilities, manufacturing, customer service, health care, government, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, marketing, transportation, hospitality & entertainment and electronic publishing.
Dr. Vogel also has served as a lead facilitator at Customer sites and for Customer visits to the United States including multiple programs for: China Air, China Eastern, China Southern, Ethiopian Airlines, Hainan Group(HNA) and Turkey Air. She has also served as a facilitator for special programs such as: Women in the law & The Remarkable Marketable Woman, Network or NotWork and Get Real Influencing Skills.
She has conducted a wide range of international workshops including: Change management, Ethics & Etiquette, Communications skills, Intercultural Diversity, Customer Service, Presentation & Facilitation Skills, Networking & Influencing skills, Team Building, Conflict & Dealing with Difficult People, Time & Priority Management
In 2008, Sandra was selected as a trainer for “The White House Project”- Go Run Ohio and also awarded the “Women in Business Champion” by the Cincinnati, Ohio Small Business Association (SBA). In the last three years she has facilitated over 3000 employees in training workshops around the world.
Activities & Awards:
- Board Member, Greater Cincinnati- American Society of Training & Development – 2009-2011
- Cincinnati Ohio SBA-Small Business Administration-Women in Business Champion-2008
- Honored as “100 Wise Women of the Year” –Deloitte & Touche -Cincinnati 2007
- Innovator of the Year- International Conference of eWomenNetwork 2006
- The West Chester Chamber of Commerce Award “Woman of Excellence” -2006
- Cincy Biz Magazine “Athena Award finalist” 2005
- Miami University Faculty award “Women Breaking Barriers” -2005
- Honored as Woman of Excellence, West Chester Chamber of Commerce -2005